Why I Pole
- Because I love to feel like I can fly.
- Because I have met the most supportive, kind, generous, badass men and women through pole.
- Because GLITTER and SHOES and HAIR FLIPS and SPARKLY THINGS.
- Because being strong enough to repeatedly lift my own body weight is, frankly, pretty cool.
- Because it helps me trust myself and others.
- Because it has taught me more about how the body works than any textbook ever could.
- Because I got into in the best shape of my life, and I was having so much fun that I didn’t even realize it was happening.
- Because there is so much good music out there that I need to dance to.
- Because it has reinforced the value of trying and failing and picking myself up and trying again. The satisfaction of working hard for something … and getting it.
Why do you pole? How did you get started?