Fundraiser Challenge for Pole Studios
Written by Karina Rahardja (Executive Producer of Fistful of Steel) We’re reaching out to ask your studio to support our project, Fistful of Steel, the first documentary feature about pole’s emergence from strip clubs and evolution as an art, fitness trend, and competitive sport over the last two decades. Using the stories of influential leaders in our community, we hope to create a piece of content that draws mainstream awareness to pole and fosters the growth of our industry, including studios like yours! We’ve launched a Kickstarter to fund the project and have 12 days remaining. If just 1% of people who pole dance donated $10 each, it would be more than enough. So, truly, every donation counts. We hope you’ll call your community to action and help us reach our goal! To make things fun, we’re inviting you to participate in a competition with other studios as we move into the last week of our campaign. Origins of Pole + Kickstarter = #StripStarter Let’s show the world how far we’ve come! HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
- First, please let your instructors know about the competition and ask them to verbally share their enthusiasm for the project. This is the most effective way to get students excited and to take action!
- Attached is a letter you can use as a template for an email to your network that explains a bit about the project, how to get involved, and why it’s important.
- Download the letter to share with your students by clicking HERE.
- Set up a jar for cash donations at the studio and “Stripstarter”as a special event on your Mind/Body app where they can contribute when they sign up for class.
- At the end of our film footage provided by the 5 studios that have contributed the most
- Our amazing Editor/Producer Bryan Bailey will also create a promo reel for your studio using material you share with us.
- For a contribution of $1000 or more, your logo will appear in the credits of the film
- A $500 contribution will get your logo on our website
- ALL participating studios will be listed in name on our website as supporters
We encourage you to get creative about ways to generate excitement amongst your students and would love the opportunity to share some of our ideas with you. For example, you might consider a raffle for your students where the prize is a private lesson with you or one of your instructors! We will also have fun giveaways throughout the competition for those who get involved on social media by using the hashtag #poledance film and following @poledancefilm on Instagram and Twitter. The competition begins Saturday, January 23rd and the deadline is Monday, February 1st at 12AM PST. At that time, please go to our Kickstarter page http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/514655527/fistful-of-steel and submit your students’ contributions under the name of your studio. We will announce all winners that Monday. Please let us know if we can count on your support. We hope you’ll join us in bringing this project to life and sharing pole with the world!