Five times that pole dancers *owned* a performance song
Have you ever watched a pole performance and thought to yourself “welp, I guess I’ll never be dancing to that song publicly” because the performance was just. so. incredible? I know I have … and I made a little list of my personal Top Five. Enjoy, and feel free to add yours in the comments!
- Felix Cane “IRIS” — everything about this was perfection. The lines! The musicality! The showmanship!
- Jenyne Butterfly “DOG DAYS” — as far as I can tell, this is likely the most widely circulated pole video among my non-pole friends and associates. Joy, athleticism, amazing strength …
- Danielle Romano “COUNTING BODIES LIKE SHEEP” — just typing this out gave me chills. I challenge anyone to watch this rivetingly scary-sexy zombie/creature/WTF performance and take your eyes off her. Holy. Whoa.
- Crystal Belcher “STRANGE FRUIT” — this one leaves me, and I’m guessing pretty much anyone who watches it, in tears.
- Enchanted “SWEET DREAMS” — if you don’t know about this duo and you’re at all interested in doubles pole, watch this and be amazed.
what else could you ask for in a pole video?
- Sergia Louise Anderson’s 2012 USPDF performance to Zee Avi’s “Concrete Wall”
- Cleo the Hurricane’s 2014 Miss Pole Dance Australia performance to Rage Against the Machine. Unfortunately I can only find one with an audio track laid over and can no longer find the original audio version … where she screams her lungs out into a megaphone and whips the crowd into a frenzy. And her legs. Her legs look are crazy pinwheels of fun, folks.
- Chalese Marie BSB 2013 video to Kanye West’s “In It” — the best-timed shoe bangs, ever.
- AnneMarie Davies’ performance to “Angel” by Massive Attack. I still love dancing to this song in private, but after watching AM’s Midwest Pole Convention performance …
- Marlo Fisken’s “Glassdrops” video. If you haven’t seen it, go find it and watch it. Do it now. You’re welcome.