How do I love thee, pole? Let me count the ways!
It’s just past Valentine’s Day so here’s a quick little post about love. Love for the art of pole dancing. Love for the men and women I’ve met directly because of pole.
I started pole dancing in 2008, following some personal turmoil that I won’t get into here. Since then, pole dancing has provided the best of therapy–physical, emotional, psychological, you name it. I have gotten stronger in every way imaginable! So in honor of that tremendous infusion of strength, here’s a little list of things I did not (whether I could not, or would not) do before pole dancing came into my life:
- Wear a bikini in public.
- Chinups. Not even one.
- Pullups. Ditto to the above.
- Walk in 7-inch heels. Nay–slink in 7-inch heels.
- Admire my back in the mirror.
- Quit my day job to follow my bliss.
- Automatically walk with my shoulders back and down . . . in short, carry myself with a dancer’s posture!
- Understand my femininity. Truly understand it, that is.
- Understand and believe in the transformational power of dance.
|Cupid. ‘Cause, uh, this is a Valentine’s Day post. Lame? Kinda, maybe. But I felt like I had to! ;D|